[seqfan] Question: best format for playing sequences as "music"?

Neil Sloane njasloane at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 21:56:53 CEST 2023

Dear Sequence Fans,  Many years ago David Applegate wrote the
 program that is called up when you click the "listen" button. It
produces a midi file, .mid
  The trouble is, my MAC doesn't really know what to do with a .mid file.
It used to call up a program called QuickTime, but that doesn't work now,
 so my MAC starts up Garage Band (and the result sounds horrible).

So my question is, what is a good format to convert a sequence into? Is
mpeg better?  It should be a format that most platforms can convert to
sounds.

Best regards
Neil

Neil J. A. Sloane, Chairman, OEIS Foundation.
Also Visiting Scientist, Math. Dept., Rutgers University,
Email: njasloane at gmail.com