[seqfan] Re: This sequence proves the Collatz Conjecture

Ali Sada pemd70 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 10 19:35:28 CEST 2024

Hi Fred,

Thank you very much for your thoughtful response; I really appreciate it.

I admit I am not well-versed in the Collatz literature. I watched 2 or 3 YouTube videos and read the introduction of one paper. However, even with a small sample like this, the most important question about the Collatz was not asked. It is the center of the conjecture and should have been mentioned, at least. I figured out the question, and the sequence built itself.

You mentioned that counterexamples existed previously. So, I will donate $1,000 to the OEIS in your name if you could find one example where d or D doesn't exceed or falls short of their A3 counterparts. (And yes, I am luring you to read the analysis!)

Best,

Ali