[seqfan] Re: OEIS Frontend Redesign

Tom Duff eigenvectors at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 19:55:48 CET 2024

On Sun, Jan 28, 2024 at 1:13 PM Peter Luschny <peter.luschny at gmail.com>
wrote:

> And then there is the host of others who don't give a damn
> about such things, the 18-year-old student on his way to
> university who wants to look up the Catalan numbers on his
> mobile on the subway (try it with your mobile, here's the
> link: https://oeis.org/A000108), and just thinks to himself,
> what a weird club this OEIS is, before giving up.
>
> I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing the problem. I look at
https://oeis.org/A000108 in Safari on my iPhone 14+ and I immediately see
the name, the definition, the first few numbers and the most common
application immediately (counts of balanced parentheses), with no trouble
at all. There's a warning that the page is pretty big, and sure enough it
is. But there's nothing about the presentation on my phone that seems in
the least problematic.