[seqfan] Re: Non-square composite numbers

Allan Wechsler acwacw at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 20:01:14 CEST 2024

Speaking only about Maurice's primary sequence: all entries after the
second are multiples of 6. If we look at these later elements divided by 6,
we get 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, 12 ... which certainly looks like all the
3-smooth numbers. But then we skip 6*16 = 96, but I think this is just a
calculation error, because we certainly could have put in 96 after 72,
because 96 = 2*48 and 2 and 48 are already in the sequence.

So I conjecture that this sequence is just 2, 3, and then 6 times the
3-smooth numbers. That's not to say this *doesn't* belong in OEIS. The
definition is elegant enough that it wouldn't bother me if it got its own
entry.