[seqfan] Re: Tribonacci confusion

Arthur O'Dwyer arthur.j.odwyer at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 17:47:47 CEST 2024

FWIW, I agree with Robert's general direction:
(1) Every sequence that currently refers to "the tribonacci numbers"
without disambiguation, should refer to "the tribonacci sequence Axxxxxx"
for clarity.
(2) Perhaps A000073 should be "the tribonacci numbers," whereas the others
should be merely "the tribonacci sequence starting with..." or even "the
*generalized* tribonacci sequence starting with...", in the same way that
we talk about "generalized Fibonacci sequences."

I've submitted a couple of minor edits in that direction, disambiguating
and adding cross-refs, but I stopped short of adding the word
"generalized". I'd support someone more authoritative than me going ahead
with it, though. :)
https://oeis.org/draft/A113153
https://oeis.org/draft/A231575

–Arthur