report

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Mon Mar 22 03:20:48 CET 1999

Unless you send messages directly to the cgi
scripts that support the Integer Sequences data-base ,
you can ignore this message!

Well, it's also a progress report on the database.

I apologize for sending this to both math-fun and seq-fan,
but I am making some considerable changes to the cgi scripts
that look up sequences. When you look up a sequence or
send in a sequence number, the replies will be formatted
in a more user-friendly manner. The old versions will
still be available.

The web pages for looking up a sequence or looking up an A-number are still:
www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/
and
www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/SA.html
but the replies are now formatted differently.

(The corresponding cgi scripts have the same names as before:
/cgi-bin/access.cgi/as/njas/sequences/eishis.cgi
and
/cgi-bin/access.cgi/as/njas/sequences/eisA.cgi
but they now do different things.)

The web pages to produce the old (simple) format are now
www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/eisonline2.html
and
www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/SA2.html

(The corresponding (old) cgi scripts are now called:
/cgi-bin/access.cgi/as/njas/sequences/eishis2.cgi
and
/cgi-bin/access.cgi/as/njas/sequences/eisA2.cgi )

Comments on the new format will be welcomed.
(I hope it works--I've run into problems because
the external machine has a different version of awk...)

PS As long as i'm sending this out,
let me mention a couple of other things.

I'm trying to replace all the old condensed %R references
with expanded references giving full bibliographic details.
If anyone can help with this i would appreciate it.

In the process of doing this i've noticed that there are
a lot of references that say "1994, to appear", or "[Pp]reprint, 1995",
"In press", etc.  Someone with access to MathSciNet could help
update these, perhaps.

I'm planning to add a button that will feed a sequence directly to
supersseker from the web page. But this may not be working until
the summer.

Finally, several papers have recently been added to the electronic
J. Integer Sequences (www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/JIS/ )

Neil Sloane

 Neil J. A. Sloane, njas at research.att.com,
 AT&T Shannon Lab, 180 Park Ave, Room C233,
 Florham Park, NJ 07932-0971 USA.
 Home page: http://www.research.att.com/~njas/
 Phone: (973) 360 8415; fax: (973) 360 8178; home: (732) 828 6098