[seqfan] Re: Neil's remark

Olivier Gerard ogerard at ext.jussieu.fr
Thu Mar 25 02:52:33 CET 1999

At 20:04 +0100 99.03.24, N. J. A. Sloane wrote:

| >David wilson said:
| >I have often wished that I could
| >specify a list of numbers, say
| >
| >1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8
| >
| >and get back a page of A-number links with descriptions (much as if you
| >searched by name).
| >

| >but doesn't "sequences at research.att.com" do exactly that?
| >
| >send it email,
| >with the line
| >lookup 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144
| >
| >and you get the first 30 matches

Neil,
I presume David wants not to have the full first 30 entries
as in the current sequence server but say only the %N lines
with html links so that he can browse through the results at will.
I think he was refering to the use with the web site anyway.

This would also allow to discard easily well known sequences and not be
overwhelmed by the results.

Olivier