Question on Sequence A046907 from Sloane's Database

Eric W. Weisstein eww at wolfram.com
Thu Nov 4 14:31:55 CET 1999

On Wed, 3 Nov 1999, James A. Sellers wrote:

> Dear Members of SeqFan,
>
> I have only been a member of this list for a few days, so forgive me
> if this is an inappropriate message to send!!
>
> I have a question on sequence A046907, which gives the values of n for
> which binomial(2n-1, n) is squarefree.  The sequence is
> 1,2,3,4,6,9,10,12,36.  I have now tried n=37 up to 1500 and have not
> found another term for the sequence.  Is this sequence known to be
> finite??  That would be an interesting result, if it is known.
>
> Thanks for your time!  I hope to hear from some of you soon.

Actually, I've pushed it up to 10,900 without finding any more
(http://www.treasure-troves.com/math/BinomialCoefficient.html).  I too
would be interested if anyone can provide insight or references.

Cheers,
-Eric

* Eric W. Weisstein                                                *
* Encyclopedist             phone:  217-398-0700 x599              *
* Wolfram Research, Inc.    FAX:    217-398-0747                   *
* 100 Trade Center Drive    e-mail: eww at wolfram.com                *
* Champaign, IL 61820-7237  WWW: www.treasure-troves.com/eric.html *