old seqs (more)

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Sun Jan 23 20:19:11 CET 2000

I agree completely with what Michael Somos says.

Other things that are needed for sequences already
in the database are:

- Maple or Mma or Pari or other code, to generate
      all the sequences (except those that are obtained
      only by a brute force search, like the number
      of Hadamard matrices)

      I should add a specific slot on the "Contributing
      New Sequences or Comments" web page for inserting
      such computer code.  Until then, please use the
      "Comments" slot, or send me email directly.

- Example lines to illustrate an early term in the sequence

- Updates to "preprint" or "to appear" references

- Index entries for groups of related sequences
      This is another way to bring coherence to a
      group of related sequences.
      (I already mentioned this in a posting to this
       mailing list not so long ago)
      For example, the other day i added links from
      the database to the index file for every
      sequence related to Young tableaux - see for instance A007578

NJAS