using the EIS

Jud McCranie jud.mccranie at mindspring.com
Tue May 30 21:00:47 CEST 2000

At 02:25 PM 5/30/00 -0400, Michael Somos wrote:

>  In
>the math community itself is probably a lot of people who don't
>know or care about EIS.

I knew of the book (first edition) for years before I appreciated
it.  Before I looked at the book in detail, I thought of only in terms of
sequences like factorials, Bell numbers, Stirling numbers, etc, where they
are generated (usually easily) by some formula.  When I realized that a
sequence could be the solutions to a problem, or integers with a certain
property, that greatly expanded what could be covered by sequences.

|                  Jud McCranie                          |
| 137*2^261147+1 is prime!  (78,616 digits, 5/2/00)      |