Seqfan Site

Frank Ellermann frank.ellermann at t-online.de
Wed Dec 19 18:33:46 CET 2001

Hello Antti, you wrote:

> Indeed, the publishing of e-mail addresses
> occurring in the headers of SeqFan-messages
> to any web-browsing robot might be a problem
> I guess the voice of the SeqFan-members should
> be heard on this...

If the SeqFan archives are completely public, then
we could also organize it as newsgroup and retrieve
old stuff with Google.  Or in other words, I don't
like THIS idea, because I want to post really stupid
questions in SeqFan more privately, and not ready to
be read by Google users in 2121... ;-)

But I like your original idea:  Collecting infos for
EIS sequences, especially sources used to calculate
terms in EIS sequences.  Probably you won't like my
REXX scripts like I can't use PARI, MAPLE, etc. here
directly, but often _any_ source is better than no
source at all.  Until now long programs are not shown
as %p in EIS, maybe seqfan.net files could solve this
problem ?

Example: Somebody computed A035615(26) this year, but
I don't know how.  All I have is my own algorithm and
some ideas, which needs about a day on my system to
verify A035615(16): yes, it's correct, but I want an
algorithm for more terms and not less... ;-)

                   Bye, Frank