Seqfan Site

Antti Karttunen karttu at megabaud.fi
Wed Dec 19 17:43:43 CET 2001

Dear Olivier,

seeing that there's not yet much activity in www.seqfan.net,
I suggest that you make the archives of SeqFan-list
(from  Listserv at Ext.jussieu.fr) available there
(either as a static Web-pages, or through some dynamic
script), because currently they are very difficult to access
via SeqFan-bitserv's own request-mechanism,
unless you want to delimit access only to SeqFan-members
themselves. Indeed, the publishing of e-mail addresses
occurring in the headers of SeqFan-messages
to any web-browsing robot might be a problem viz-a-viz spammers.
On the other hand, I guess that the most SeqFanatics
that have mailed to the list have already published their
mail-addresses in the entries they have submitted to EIS.

I guess the voice of the SeqFan-members should
be heard on this... Maybe one could use a "clever"
anti-spamming substitution like
sed -e 's/@/@supprimez./g' when transferring
the archives in bulk..
(This probably breaks some Mathematica code also,
so should preferably be applied only to the headers
and nearby of the messages.)

Salut,

  Antti