EIS Breakers

Ed Pegg Jr edp at wolfram.com
Thu Jul 26 18:53:55 CEST 2001

**Yes.  But I hope and expect that the database will go in indefinitely.

  According to my calculations, the Fibonacci sequence will self-destruct
by the year 2004, and will no longer work after that time.  The cubes
will be good until at least 2013, but not the primes, so use them while you
can.

  Most of my work with sequences -- I generate something, and then find it
is
already in the database.  Happened this morning.  "Oh... njas found this
last
year.  I'll have to look at these references."

  Other times, I'll have a sequence generated via dark mathematics, and I'll
check
EIS for a possible match.  Usually, there isn't a match.  With dark math,
the sequence would only be interesting if a match existed.  It might be
interesting to have a section of "junk" sequences, that would become
interesting only when they matched something else.   Indeed, one might argue
that all "interesting" sequences are multipurpose.

  --Ed Pegg Jr, www.mathpuzzle.com