Away Sep 07 - 17

Richard Guy rkg at cpsc.ucalgary.ca
Wed Sep 5 17:03:58 CEST 2001

It's important to know the context in such things.
As we all know, the next term can always be anything.

If the context was quadratic functions, then I make
the next term of A063941 to be 2965361.

If the context was factoring integers, then I
suggest that the initial 17 is a typo, and the sequence
should be  663 = 3 * 13 * 17,
         25857 = 3^2 * 13^2 * 17
       1008423 = 3^3 * 13^3 * 17
      39328497 = 3^4 * 13^4 * 17

Simplest explanation (?):  Same typo and context is
GPs (for non-Brits, that's Geometric Progressions,
not General Practitioners)

I'm still working on A063914.  Since it's grade 5,
it depends even more on context, and may simply be
following some (geomtrical?) pattern on a page of
numbers.  I don't suppose I'll get much credit for
observing that the first five are Fibs and the next
two are Lucas numbers.      R.