Guinness Book of Records??

Jim Nastos nastos at cs.ualberta.ca
Sat Aug 24 07:28:10 CEST 2002

On Sat, 24 Aug 2002, Antti Karttunen wrote:

> Contains the decimal and continued fraction expansions of
> THE MOST FAMOUS TRANSCEDENTAL CONSTANT OF *THE WHOLE COSMOS*, Pi =
> 3.141592653...

  "The most famous" is not exactly a great quantitative measure.
  Also, a book 'contains the decimal and continued fraction expansions...'
of these constants, so shouldn't that also hold your title?
  (I'd also argue that 1 or 2 is more famous than pi.)

  Note also that the Guinness book has *PEOPLE* who can recite more digits
of pi than OEIS holds. Reciting digits _is_ a quantitative measure.

  I'd think the most reasonable measure for the OEIS to hold a record in
is exactly what the OEIS was set out to do: be the largest database of
integer sequences in the world.

Jim