The top submitters as of Jan 2. 2002

Antti Karttunen karttu at megabaud.fi
Thu Jan 3 17:29:43 CET 2002

James A Sellers wrote:

> I would be *very* interested in seeing a similar listing for those people
> who have **extended** sequences.  (I think I have over 1000 at this
> point.)

Yes, for example in your case, the string "sellers"
is found from 1209 %E-lines, in contrast to only 89 %A-lines.

And in any case, the quantity is not any guarantee of quality!
(Come to think of it, I wouldn't have probably submitted
not even half of what I have, if I had practised some
self-critique in time...)

Many of the most interesting sequences have been
submitted by people who have sent just a few.

On the other hand, I was also surprised of how
good quality the top submitters are.
Most submit mathematically interesting sequences,
not just random base-stuff.

> If this is difficult to do, or just of no interest to anyone else, simply
> disregard the idea.

I'll try to do it next. And there are many other statistics we can
collect.
The count of sequences commented by other people/referenced
from %Y or %C-lines of sequences with higher A-numbers (and
submitted by different people) might be a quite good indicator how
relevant other people find person's sequences.

Also, some other people have noted that the data is not entirely
accurate, because some submitters have used different
handles at various time. This is true, but it's also true that
at some point I prefer to go to bed instead of adding yet
another kludge to the script.

(Well, in the next version I'll create an associate array
of aliases like:
                     "dww" => "David W. Wilson",
                     "Dave Wilson" => "David W. Wilson",
                     "Sp" => "Simon Plouffe",