keywords/obscene mail/subject line/etc

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Thu Jun 20 01:10:41 CEST 2002

This message has a few items related to the OEIS:

1.  If you format your own sequences or comments etc,
and send them via email, could
you please use subject lines that begin

EDITED
NEW SEQUENCE
SEQ+#     (for prenumbered new seqs)
COMMENTS

(use COMMENTS even if you sending Mma or Pari code
or more terms etc)

- use CAPITAL letters please

The reason is that i'm going to use procmail to help
deal with my mail - i'm getting well
over 100 a day now

However, the real reason is that someone is sending me
personal obscene emails which are very disturbing and i want
to filter them out.  He sends messages saying
********** you and your sequences
only much much worse than you can imagine.

They are really disturbing.  He uses a different email address
each time.  With procmail i can filter them out,
and at the same time speed up processing sequences

2.  Keywords:  I getting rid of "huge", "part" and "sign"
which no longer seem useful

3.  I won't be able to do updates so frequently for the
next month or two so don't sorry if your contributions
are taking longer than usual to appear.  They will
eventually.

Neil Sloane