lonely non-twin primes

Neil Fernandez primeness at borve.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 26 00:07:43 CET 2002

In message <3C9F9A88.DCBE109F at kspaint.com>, Robert G. Wilson v
<rgwv at kspaint.com> writes
>Hans and Neil,
>
>        Very nice. Neil, would you submit this sequence to N.J.A. Sloane's The
>On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences and credit Hans with this third
>term.  The sequence would start: 23, 1039, 403026797 and I believe that you
>could safely label it "hard". The offset would be 1. A possible entry with the
>offset of 0 would be 5 but it is not very pretty.

Hi Bob,

have now done so, using number A069479 from the dispenser. Agreed about
the non-prettiness of using an offset of 0. If 'non-twin' is insisted on
in the definition, a(0) would be 83, the first non-twin to be sandwiched
between zero twin pairs on each side. Which suggests various sequences
of non-twins sandwiched between packs of other non-twins, a sort of
hierarchy of non-loneliness :-) I'm just hoping 23, 1039, 403026797 gets
past the "minimum of 4 terms" rule :-)

Best wishes,

Neil
--