email and s p a m blocking

Brian L. Galebach briang at SEGmail.com
Wed Nov 6 16:25:36 CET 2002

Well, perhaps I didn't think this through completely.  I've gotten a couple
of people trying the link now.  A possible problem with my idea is that you
can't really know who's sending you an email.  Also if someone sends you a
message, but doesn't leave their email address, there's no way to reply to
them.  Perhaps the only robust way is to have people register with user
names.  Then when a message is sent through a URL, you'd put your own
username as the "sent" person.  Then you could click on another link in the
email to reply.

Sorry for so many emails.  I'll sit here and think a while before I send
another one.

Cheers,
Brian
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Brian L. Galebach [mailto:briang at SEGmail.com]
  Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 9:49 AM
  To: njas at research.att.com; seqfan at ext.jussieu.fr
  Subject: RE: email and s p a m blocking

  OK.  I set up an example.  To email me, click this link ->
http://probabilitysports.com/mail2bri.html.  Of course the site could be set
up so that you would see the user's name instead of the URL to the "send
email" page.  I would have done that in this email, but this version of
outlook's a bit inflexible.