making gifs automatically

Rick Shepherd R.Shepherd at prodigy.net
Thu Nov 7 00:34:25 CET 2002

Although this is likely a moot topic for now...

My original thought was that this is a very clever
idea.  However, now it occurs to me that a more
sophisticated robot of the future (if not of the present)
could probably use OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
to convert the gif back to text and still harvest the addresses.

These anti-spam battles take on a sort of "arms race"
nature;  also, they remind me of the Anonymous Call Rejection
(ACR) feature that I helped implement on DMS-10
telephony switches:  For example, if you, the called party,
subscribe to Caller ID features but the caller suppresses
his/her ID (using a blocking feature), then if you also subscribe
to the ACR feature and have it activated, your phone doesn't ring.
(I wouldn't be at all surprised if there's a feature to override this
now....)

Regards,
Rick Shepherd