Lgd.e.g.f.

Michael Somos somos at grail.cba.csuohio.edu
Wed Oct 16 04:00:35 CEST 2002

Jon Awbrey writes :

> "logarithmic derivative" is pretty standard nomenclature,

Probably true in limited fields. I did a google search and came
up with a lot of hits, but that is 20/20 hindsight. Actually,
the search turned up "superhelp.html" which notes :

        ogf     ordinary generating function
        egf     exponential generating function
        revogf  reversion of ordinary generating function
        revegf  reversion of exponential generating function
        lgdogf  logarithmic derivative of ordinary generating function
        lgdegf  logarithmic derivative of exponential generating function

and so in some sense this is given information, but only if you
use "superseeker" and remember this note. I suppose that these
notations could become standard in OEIS if there is enough useage.
Shalom, Michael