Hati numbers. 2^a.3^b.N, a+b=even.

Don McDonald parabola at paradise.net.nz
Sat Apr 19 13:33:47 CEST 2003

Saturday, February 16th, 2002
REF.  DONMcD. .calc numberthy alanBoyd.Hatibizarre /Hatiseq

I did not mean any disrespect to Alan or his family in the obituary
published in New Zealand science Monthly (nzsm), Feb. 1999.

I feel Alan may have invented Boyd numbers and Hati numbers.
(Which I mentioned in the retort - 'Honoring a number theorist', nzsm.)
A day or 3 after Alan's death (virtually immediately) the
Hati numbers were added into On-Line Encyclopedia of integer sequences.
Search google njas integer lookup eis research att.

I have not done the same for Alan's 'Boyd numbers'.  I could
certainly look into that further if you express a wish accordingly.

However, I am struggling to understand the origin of Hati Numbers.

It may be bizarre.
The pythagoreans regard even numbers (2,4,6) as female, F.  And odd
numbers, 3,5,7... as male.
(Car number plate, MF 34, unregistered 4/2001, in my carpark.)

The factors 2 and 3 can be coupled.  A Hati number must have an
even number of (a+b) factors, 2^A, 3^B, and possibly other prime factors.

In the column next to Alan's death in New Zealand Herald
(by Rosemary Steven Vickers?) is Bill Hati Jnr, A special
bro/sis, Auntie/Uncle,
he/she to everyone.o9 404 0325.

And I have harboured a long time question since that day if Alan
told me how he named the Hati numbers.
It is a remarkable tale and in a friendly way a mark of Alan.
Boyd and Hati appear in the same Deaths index of NZ Herald on the
(same day.)

Kind Regards.
Yours sincerely
Donald S McDonald.

p.s. Dear Seqfans,  19.04.03
why is k-sequence called k-sequence?  Is it
named after somebody whose name begins with y.K-moto?
So, I explained my doubt about Hati numbers.  cheers / don.