Terminology question

T. D. Noe noe at sspectra.com
Fri Apr 25 01:37:25 CEST 2003

Consider a set of n numbers a1,...,an.  Form the 2^n sums
+-a1+-a2+-...+-an, and  examine the frequency of the sums.  Currently, I'm
calling them extremal sums.  What is this subject called?  Can someone
point me to some literature?  For a few interesting results along these
lines, look at http://www.sspectra.com/math/Sums.html



More information about the SeqFan mailing list