OEIS "Top N" lists?

Marc LeBrun mlb at fxpt.com
Thu Dec 4 19:17:07 CET 2003

In looking at the comments on A002620 just now I'm reminded of why the OEIS
is such an exciting repository of cultural knowledge.  There are about a
dozen very different interesting views on the sequence, contributed by as
many authors.  It's really something to be proud of.

This got me to wondering if someone with the appropriate software might
want to find the "Top N" (for N=5 or 10?) sequences in various categories:
   Longest comments
   Most references
   Most cited reference (ie bibliography entry)
   Most links
   Most contributors (by counting the (AT)s)
   Longest formulas (or most formulas? tricky to count!)
   Most "see alsos" to other sequences
   Most "see alsos" from other sequences
   Largest explicitly given integers (ie as 99999999 versus 10^10-1)
   etc
(with possible sub-categories based on keywords, such as tabl etc)

Perhaps along the way it could collect stats of various kinds (eg averages
etc).

It would be fun to rerun this census at different times, (eg 1/1/2004,
A100000, etc), to see how these things might change.