OEIS "Top N" lists?

Leroy Quet qq-quet at mindspring.com
Fri Dec 5 03:32:22 CET 2003

Or perhaps sequences could be judged upon the integers themselves.

It might be interesting to rank sequences by, say, the sequences with the
fewest number of terms in common with other sequences (compared among
terms appearing in the database, of course).

..Or by the most uncommon absolute-differences among terms, the sequences
whose terms average the highest, the 'most chotic' sequences (ie. least
able to fit to a low-order polynomial, or some other definition of 'most
chaotic'), the sequences which contain the most terms of other sequences
among the terms listed (but in some non-respective order as to avoid
trivial cases), the sequences which contain the longest runs of
consecutive integers but which miss the occasional integer (ranked based
upon some formula involving the lengths of the integer-runs and the
number of ommitted integers among the consecutive integers), etc etc...

Perhaps rankings with more serious motives can be created, such as those
which inspire research into connections between sequences, connections
that would not have been obvious at first to the casual OEIS user without
the computer-aided analysis.

thanks,
Leroy Quet