abstract refs

Ralf Stephan ralf at ark.in-berlin.de
Thu Jul 17 11:35:12 CEST 2003

Hello,

recent pleas for information show that people care about what is
contained in a %D reference line.
While having all papers electronically is relatively resource-intensive,
having abstract text is less, and the least I can see is XHTML with,
perhaps, some Dublin Core headers. Before I try myself from time to
time on such a patch, can readers please comment on

- if there is a site, analogously to arxiv.org, where abstract pages (only)
  can have more permanent home. If not, would Neil Sloane accept
  patches creating such pages on the OEIS machine (and an according %H?
  line)?

- the law, with respect to abstract text. Permission of author needed?
  I think not but ~everywhere U.S. (c) law is applied, so I better ask.
  Note this is not about a straight scan of the journal abstract.

Thanks for your time.
ralf