email regarded as spam

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Sat Jul 19 19:35:31 CEST 2003

Dear Antti,   Your messahe about
the automatic reply from the dispenser
being considered spam was regarded as spam by
my personal filter, so i only just saw it!

In the mean time I had discarded several follow-up messages from
people, since I didn't understand what they were talking about.

So I missed all the helpful suggestions.

What I have done is change the subject line so it reads
Subject: NEW A-NUMBERS from dispenser

I don't want to exchange To and CC, because in practice
CC is often null - people do
not ask for a confirmation to be sent.

I am willing to make other changes if people had
better ideas.  Please write to me directly
about this, not to seqfan list.   When you do,
don't put s p a m in the subject line, or
i won't see it for a while.

Neil