Signature sequences

Rob Arthan rda at lemma-one.com
Mon Jun 9 14:46:39 CEST 2003

Dear All,

In case it's of interest to people interested in these signature sequences,
implicit in the discussion of my sequence A064034 is an efficient algorithm
for testing whether i + j*x > i' + j'*x for arbitrary integral i and j and
for x any quadratic surd. The paper referenced there gives more details in
the case when x = sqrt(2) and gives a hint about the general case in a
footnote. I can supply more information to anyone who wants it.

This may look like a shameless plug, but that's because it is!

Regards,

Rob.