uned sequences A071339 - A071341

Ralf Stephan ralf at ark.in-berlin.de
Tue Jun 10 08:42:56 CEST 2003

Frank Ellermann:
> Marc LeBrun wrote:
> > "A numbers" are not a scarce resource.
>
> Here I disagree.  That some of my scripts will fail for A100000
> and beyond is my own homebrewn Y2K-problem, but A999999 is a

Who says A1.* will be decimal? <g>

> harder limit.  Really useful tools like superseeker won't work
> with millions of sequences.  Not yet a real problem, but maybe
> a contradiction in your statements.

In a way, it's even worse. Any search we do on the EIS (online
or not) that doesn't give a result, if we were rigorous, would
have to be done again at a later time, say, when EIS size will
have doubled. That's why I keep all the PARI logs for inclusion
in my next global grep.

> ACK.  But "artificial" or "enough of this kind" are also valid.
> If zeta(3)..zeta(99) are listed adding zeta(101)..zeta(10001)
> is not necessarily a good idea.  I wouldn't like it.

Now constants are IMHO a completely different matter. While I
hesitate to exclude 'base' because there ARE a few sequences that
have it for no reason, I have no problem excluding 'cons' from
possible search processes that do not try to be a homegrown ISC.

Asking the next replier to choose a better Subject: line, thanks,
ralf