NEW SEQ pre-numbered A084255, 84256, 84257

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Sat May 24 19:37:51 CEST 2003

Frank Ellermann asked what format to use
for a decimal constant that happens to be negative.

My reply:
For a negative constant, i prefer something like this:

Decimal expansion of -x, where x is the *****

In other words, use the negative of the number.

---------------------
The continued fraction expansion should also be added to the
OEIS, whenever possible.

---------------------
Do I want other decimal expansions from Prime Curios?
Certainly!  Thanks!

---------------------
I agree that it is hard to
convert from the OEIS entry back to the real number.

Perhaps the keyword "cons" should be made into a link,
pointing to a cgi program that
returns the decimal expansion in readable form.

Just as the keyword "tabl" points to showtabl.cgi,
the latter being an executable version of
Antti Karttunen's C program "showtabl.c"

(see A007318 for an example)

I have added the source file for  showtabl.c  to the web site - see
http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/showtabl.c

There is a link to it from the "allfiles.html" page

NJAS