'Super-Palindromic' Sequence Of +-1's

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Tue Oct 21 04:45:57 CEST 2003

Leroy Quet points out (correctly) that the normal lookup procedure does not
handle sequences of +-1's very well.  This is one of
the things i hope to fix before too long.
(It is because in the old days there were no signs at all
in the database)

The first step will be to get Superseeker to handle the problem
correctly.

By the way, there's a new feature in Superseeker - it will
now (if all goes well) detect overlaps

Thanks to my colleague John Linderman, if the sequence
you are looking up overlaps with one in
the OEIS, or properly contains one,
Superseeker will now detect this

so if you have a sequence

 1 3 5 7 9 11 13 15 17

but the OEIS has

   3 5 7 9 11 13 15

or

     5 7 9 11 13 15 17 19 21 23

or

0 0 0 1 3 5 7 9 11
this will find it.

This was always a serious gap in Superseeker's tests,
and I'm very happy to get John's program.

Maybe some of you could try it out and tell
me if it works

Neil