Better Email Address Hiding

Leroy Quet qq-quet at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 27 20:45:34 CEST 2004

I received today what must have been a virus or spam in my email.
(with a title something like "Let Us Socialize...". I deleted it unread,
of course)

But one of the few places a spammer could have gotten my REAL address,
since I changed it, is from the EIS.

It is quite possible that the EIS did not supply my address. But it is
only a matter of time anyway before some virus-sender (human or bot)
figures out the "(at)" in our email addresses listed there.

I know we had this discussion in seq.fan back when the EIS first had our
addresses written with the (at)'s, but perhaps we should look for a less
bot-readable way to obscure our addresses now.

thanks,
Leroy Quet

PS: Did anyone else with a mostly-unpublished email address get a
spam/virus in the last day also?