converting sequences to music - help needed

cino hilliard hillcino368 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 26 22:07:38 CEST 2004

>Does any seqfan know about synthesizing music?
>
>I would like to convert certain sequences to music,
>to hear what they sound like.
>
>Thanks!  Neil

Hi Neal,
I wrote a little routine using BCX to LCC and posted at

as Transcendental music. The basci code, the c code and the .exe is there.
You can open
and run with your browser.

This makes use of syntax 2 of the Lcc sound statement

RetVal% = Sound(-Frequency!, _
                  Duration% _
                [, Volume%] _
                 [, Voice%] _
                 [, Tempo!])

My first rendition of this was on a tandy 2000 back in 1985. The skip
function makes for
different tunes. There is virtually no limit on what you can generate with
this:
Random skip, next pi digit skip, skip according to the digits of e or phi or
to primes etc

Actually, the star spangled banner is out there in pi. The problem is how do
we find it?

Have fun,

Cino