converting sequences to music - help needed

Donald Willard dwillard at prairie.cc.il.us
Tue Apr 27 01:51:20 CEST 2004

Iannis Xenakis and Milton Babbitt, q.v., have this all worked out their way
anyhow, as have other composers.  Xenakis has at least one whole book out on
his system using mathematics and computers and Pythagorean ideas, and at
least one of his pieces has been examined to see if it accords with his own
principles.  This analysis I found by looking up the Philllips Pavilion at
the Brussel's World Fair of 1958, which was designed by Xenakis in hyperbolic
paraboloids.  His compositions include
those determined by this and other curves, for instance CONCRETE P-H.
The P-H is French for hyperbolic paraboloid.