OEIS 100K Party

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Fri Aug 13 00:46:05 CEST 2004

Subject: OEIS 100K Party

To everyone who uses the OEIS!

Sometime this year the sequence count will reach 100000.

It's too bad we are spread out over the world,
or we could have a party.

But I have a suggestion:

An e-party!  Everyone send in a digital photo of
themselves holding a drink and making a toast
to the OEIS.  These picture will be collected
into a special web page posted on the OEIS web site.

The page now exists: see

      http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/100k.html

Under each picture it would give your name, city, date
and perhaps a brief message. Also, if you like, your home page.

Example:

            Photo of XXX holding a glass of beer

              Heinz Meyer, Berlin, Aug 20 2004
          (Home Page: http://www.aaa.bbb.ccc/~meyer/ )

      "Best Wishes to the OEIS upon reaching 100K sequences!"

If you think this is a good idea, start sending me photos
and I will post them as they arrive.

Since I will probably have to shrink them, tell me the original
size of the photo:  6 inches by 9 inches,
or 20 cm by 30 cm, etc.)

Another thing: sequence A100000 should be special.

Please look at all the new sequences in the next few months
- if you see one that is worthy of being A100000,
send me a message.  I will pick the winner and change
its number to A100000.

Regards

Neil Sloane (njas at research.att.com)