The complete database in 1 file?

Thomas Baruchel thomas.baruchel at laposte.net
Tue Aug 24 20:12:42 CEST 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 19:39:06 +0200, Alain Bex <alain.bex at skynet.be> wrote:
> I would like to create a small search program (Windows environment),
> which I can run locally on my computer.

Hi,

you may be interested by something I began a year ago ; it is called
"eisseeker", and can be found at http://eisseeker.sourceforge.net .
It is a C + libguile shell-based program intended to read the complete
database (version with only the sequence and its ID) ; copying it into
a RAM disk is recommanded.

I must admit I hane not worked much on that project last past months, but
I actually used the tool some time and managed to find out some relations
between some sequences.

Of course the user has to know the Scheme language.

I made it for unix, but you can perhaps use it on a windows platform.

Cordially,

--
Thomas Baruchel