An idea of sequence based on Hurwitz numbers

Thomas Baruchel thomas.baruchel at laposte.net
Sun Aug 15 16:01:28 CEST 2004

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 11:30:34AM -0400, N. J. A. Sloane wrote:
> No-one seems to have followed up on this message,
> so i am adding your sequence myself:
>
> %I A094234
> %S A094234 1,5,10,32,76,184,408,944,2088,4680,10168
> %N A094234 a(n) = period of terms in continued fraction expansion of n*tanh(1).

thank you for adding the sequence to the database, but I think there is a
mistake; if I remember well (I just had no time for thinking to it the
last days) the correct definition should be (2^n)*tanh(1). Why that ?
Just because I am interested in the question of multiplicating a continued
fraction by 2, but I think that your definition could also produce
interesting sequences. Thus, offset is 0, and a(0)=1.

Cordially,

--
« nous devons agir comme si la chose qui peut-être ne sera pas devait
être » (Kant, Métaphysique des moeurs, doctrine du droit, II conclusion)

  Thomas Baruchel <thomas.baruchel at laposte.net>