The complete database in 1 file?

cino hilliard hillcino368 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 18 01:04:42 CEST 2004

Hi sequence collectors,

>From: Ralf Stephan <ralf at ark.in-berlin.de>

The BCX,basic to WIN32 LCC translator  has a neat function that will
perform this task.
RetValue% = DOWNLOAD(Url$,Fil$)

I have written a routine that will extract the Parts in the Encyclopedia.
See

for the basic, c and executable code. This code allows you to specify a
range of Parts
to download. You will have to download to a working folder as on line it
executes but not correctly.
Anyone not trusting Yahoo for download, let me know and I will email an
attachment which your
virus scanner can check.  I would assume you could follow the C code and do
your own thing.
The call is to URLMON.DLL to perform the work.

It is interesting that some ranges of sequences go quite fast while others
are slow. I guess it is
the bulk of the submissions. actuall a crude sequence could be made of the
bytes in each part
if it hasn't already been done.

Have fun pre-10^5 sequences. Is 10^6 out of realm?

Cino