Bernoulli number?

Edwin Clark eclark at math.usf.edu
Fri Feb 6 18:06:39 CET 2004

I recommend the book "Concrete Mathematics" by Graham, Knuth and
Patashnik. It is excellent for such things and written on a rather
elementary level. Amazon.com at

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0201558025/qid=1076086909/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-2346331-5851113?v=glance&s=books

has some reviews that may help you decide whether or not to get the book.

--Edwin

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004, y.kohmoto wrote:

>     Hi, Seqfans
>
>     Reading the mails from Seqfan mailing list, I have understood something
> interesting related with Bernoulli Number was  discovered.
>     But I don't understand well.
>     What is Bernoulli number?
>     Why do they think A001067 and A046968 should be same?
>     Someone please explain them to me , and tell me a good book of Bernoulli
> Number.
>
>     Yasutoshi
>
>     PS
>     I must say I am an amateur  mathematician.
>     What I know about Mathematics is what I learned in high school.

    W. Edwin Clark, Math Dept, University of South Florida,
           http://www.math.usf.edu/~eclark/