hypergraph enumeration?

Gordon Royle gordon at csse.uwa.edu.au
Thu Mar 18 03:59:11 CET 2004

The answer is yes, but they are not listed under "k-uniform hypergraph"
(which IMHO they should be).

For k=3, the total number of k-uniform hypergraphs is A000665 and has
the name "Relations with 3 arguments on n nodes" which I guess is clear
enough, but not something that you would hit upon.

I have not yet looked for k=4, or for the division of these numbers
into the number of each type with 0,1,2,... hyperedges, but it is
straightforward to compute these numbers with the appropriate tools.

Cheers

gordon