More on hypergraph enumeration..

Gordon Royle gordon at csse.uwa.edu.au
Thu Mar 18 07:29:53 CET 2004

I have now located the 4-uniform hypergraphs on OEIS.

They are sequence A051240 which has the name "Pure 3-dimensional
simplicial complexes on n unlabeled nodes". Again, I am not surprised
that you didn't find this when looking for 4-uniform hypergraphs!

There is a question "Is this the same sequence as A003189?" which is
called "Number of 3-plexes" which has its own comment about possibly
being an erroneous version of A051240.

The answer to that question is yes - they are meant to be the same
sequence, but Palmer did make a mistake in his calculations of
n-plexes; he referred to the mistake in a Maths Review review of
another paper called "Hypergraph Enumeration".

The associated "triangle" of numbers of k-uniform hypergraphs on n
nodes does not appear to be in OEIS...

Gordon