Smallest number to appear n times in Pascal's triangle

David C Terr David_C_Terr at raytheon.com
Mon Nov 22 19:52:45 CET 2004

Interesting! Do you know if the number of times a binomial coefficient
greater than 1 appears is bounded? If so, what's an upper bound? By the
way, it seems that numbers which appear an odd number of times should be
rarer since Pascal's triangle is symmetric, so at least one of the
coefficients would need to have the form (2n n).

Dave

"Paul D. Hanna" <pauldhanna at juno.com>
11/20/2004 12:56 PM