Are A055999 and A074171 somehow the same?

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 16:32:14 CEST 2004

I think that if we can prove that A055999 and A074171 are the same
(except for the two initial terms), then the two sequences should be
merged, with "a(n)=n*(n+7)/2" as the primary definition; and "Start
with 1, add the next number if one gets a prime then subtract the next
number else add the next" as a comment.

But what holds me back from asserting this is that I don't know how to
prove they are in fact the same. I have calculated a couple dozen more
terms for both and they agree, but I could calculate a million terms
and still stop short of the term that proves the two sequences are in
fact different.

Alonso del Arte