Are A055999 and A074171 somehow the same?

Michele Dondi blazar at pcteor1.mi.infn.it
Tue Oct 5 14:05:08 CEST 2004

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004, Dean Hickerson wrote:

> Michele Dondi asked:
>
>> Why? After all isn't OEIS supposed to be a comprehensive encyclopedia of
>> integer sequences?
>
> No.  Such an encyclopedia would be uncountably infinite.  The OEIS is only
> supposed to contain sequences which are useful or interesting.  This

Of course! Now incidentally this raises another question: are sequences
which are useful or interesting finite? Are they countable?

> sequence is a trivial variation on a sequence that's already in the OEIS.
> If the sequence entry were clear and correct, then I'd be inclined to leave
> it in, since it was, at least momentarily, of interest to at least one
> person.  But the description was unclear, and would require some editor to
> fix it.  I think that would be a waste of the editor's time.

I see your point... I must admit that I hadn't read you message carefully
enough and I hadn't understood that the description was not clear enough
for OEIS.

Michele
--
: I'm about to learn myself perl6 (after using perl5 for some time).
I'm also trying to learn perl6 after using perl5 for some time.  :-)