Too many similar sequences

Alonso Del Arte alonso.delarte at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 00:38:47 CEST 2005

> No joy, so I calculated more terms - I ended up having to calculate
> the first 9 terms (1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 15, 22, 30) before A41 appeared
> at all in the search results.
>
> It appears to be getting pushed out of the way by a lot of what I'd
> consider fairly trivial variations - they are mostly variant partition
> functions with minor restrictions - so I wonder if there is any way
> that the "core" sequences could be preferentially shown in such
> situations?

I tried running the Boolean search (from the advanced look-up page)
1,2,3,5,7   AND   core . That gave me just five results, with the very
first one being A000041. (The second result was not a core sequence,
but one that happened to have the word "score" in it, but given that
it was only 5 result instead of 30-odd, I think that's a pretty good
search).

Alonso