[seqfan] TOPIC: OEIS XML

Chuck Seggelin seqfan at plastereddragon.com
Fri Apr 22 16:53:59 CEST 2005

>I have no clue what an RSS feed is.  However, supposing it has the
> effect you describe, it seems like a reasonable project.

RSS is a format for distributing web content which is gaining rapid
acceptance.  It was pioneered by blog providers and is now used by
practically every major news organization.  It is beginning to be looked at
by other sorts of content providers because it is so darn useful.  You pick
the feeds you want to subscribe to, you categorize the feeds however you
like, and your news aggregator will monitor them for you, collect the
articles you haven't read yet, and link you back to source material.

Here's the wiki on RSS:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS_Feed

Here's a link to my favorite news aggregator (completely web based, and
free):
http://www.bloglines.com/

                        -- Chuck