[math-fun] Sum of last ten digits

Hans Havermann pxp at rogers.com
Thu Dec 8 20:10:06 CET 2005

On Dec 8, 2005, at 7:37 AM, Alexandre Wajnberg wrote:

> 1: loop at n(19)=44, 312 terms
> 2: loop at n(17)=38, 312 terms
> 3: loop at n(21)=36, 104 terms
etc.

I light of Neil's current moratorium on new sequences and the large
number of possible starting values for the initial ten terms, I'm
reluctant to investigate this further. However, I was intrigued by
(and have been playing with) resulting loop-length, not when altering
starting terms, but when altering sum-length...

For example, starting with '0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1' and letting the
sequence reflect the sum of the last '9 digits' (instead of 10) the
loop-size is 12203 (starting with term 14250), in stark contrast to
A112402's loop-length of only 312.