A049998

Graeme McRae g_m at mcraefamily.com
Wed Dec 14 23:38:51 CET 2005

d'Ocagne's identity says F(m)F(n+1)-F(n)F(m+1)=(-1)^n F(m-n), so the
difference of these products, anyway, is always a Fibonacci number.  If, for
any given n and m, there is no product of Fibs that lies between F(m)F(n+1)
and F(n)F(m+1), which is quite likely, since successive Fibs tend to differ
by almost exactly the golden ratio, then the proof is complete.
--Graeme