Base Rep Puzzle

Michele Dondi blazar at pcteor1.mi.infn.it
Thu Dec 29 12:32:54 CET 2005

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, Michele Dondi wrote:

> I'll rephrase the definition/question for clarity:
>
> "For n>=2 a(n) is the smallest positive integer m such that
> floor(log(m)/log(b)) takes all distinct values for b=2,...,n."

And related sequences of some interest {sh,c}ould be given by:

(i)  the biggest  m s.t. floor(log(m)/log(b)) -hereafter F(m;b)- does NOT
      take all distinct values,

(ii) the number of m s.t. F(m;b) does NOT take all distinct values.

Michele
--
I just said it was my conjecture.  That doesn't mean I think it's right.  :-)
- Larry Wall in p6l, "Subject: Re: What do use and require evaluate to?"