[math-fun] Ulam number picture

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Mon Feb 21 00:37:09 CET 2005

OK, let's start again.

To all:  I have a picture of the Ulam numbers that illustrates their quasiperdiocity.
I created this picture a long time ago and sent a copy to Eric Weisstein thinking
that he might use it in Mathworld, but apparently no interest.

To all, (esp. Hugo Pfoertner, Dan Asimov):  I am planning on getting rid of the
image.  Before doing so, I will send a copy to whomever requests.

To NJAS:  I will send you a copy, which you may place on your web site if you
wish, in association with A002858.  The image is actually fairly simplistic, and
easily reproducible, and I do not care about attribution.

To Daniel Asimov:  A PNG is a Portable Network Graphic file.  PNG images
are fairly common on the Internet and viewable using all major browsers and
PC utilities.  I prefer PNGs because they are
    (1) public domain (unlike most other image formats)
    (2) small (unlike Microsoft BMP or Compuserve GIF images)
    (3) faithful (unlike JPG images, which sacrifice image quality for small size).